New Law in Effect
♦ For customers with pay-out values exceeding $29.99 for non-ferrous metals, e.g. copper, bronze, bulk aluminum, and brass, we are required by law to wait 10 days before mailing a check. We will pay cash to customers if the non-ferrous metal pay-out value is less than $29.99.
♦ Waste Control will pay cash up to $99.99 for lower grade metals, e.g. aluminum cans, tin, and automobile transmissions.
Drop-off Recycling and Buy-Back Recycling Centers
We offer free drop-off recycling and a buy-back recycling center at the transfer station facility for common recyclable materials and automobiles. We also offer fee-based services for specialty recycling, including wood/brush recycling and concrete recycling. Unfortunately, we no longer offer shredding services. Customers can contact Document Management Archives at (360) 501-5047 for shredding services.
Recyclable materials accepted at the drop-off and buy-back recycling centers include:
- Tin, Aluminum, and other metals
- #1 and #2 plastics
- Mixed Paper
We accept all clean wood for recycling. Nails are acceptable. Contact Waste Control at (360) 425-4302 for current fee information.
Please Note: Pay-out prices at the Buy-Back Recycling Center are subject to change without notice. Contact Waste Control at (360) 425-4302 for current pay-out prices. Customers need valid photo identification to receive cash or checks for buy-back recyclables.
We accept concrete or brick for recycling. Contact Waste Control at (360) 425-4302 for current fee information.
We accept automobile bodies for buy-back recycling with the following stipulations:
- You must show proper legal documents for the automobile, such as:Sign of Clear Title, Junk Vehicle Affidavit, Affidavit in Lieu of Title, or Abandon Vehicle/Vehicle of Sale by Licensed Tow Truck Company. The Washington Department of Licensing has information for obtaining proper legal documents.
- You must drain all fluids from the vehicle. This includes fluids in the brakes, engine, transmission, and radiator.
- You must remove and drain all fuel tanks. Place extra holes in the top and bottom on the fuel tank(s). You may place the fuel tank(s) on the back seat.
- You must remove all mercury switches.
- You must remove all batteries.
- You must remove all tires.
- You must remove all air conditioners. Note that air conditioning units must be purged at an authorized location and removed by a professional because they contain freon.
- You must remove all air bags.